2.4 miles from Lake Tellico
Social Vacation Distancing!
We’re dang far from, well, most everything...except nature!
Our cabin is near our home. Otherwise, the next house is over a mile away—peacefully far from everything else. This is a great time to be outdoors rather than indoors. Come enjoy our awesome view over the peaks of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park!
Online work or school? No problem.
* High speed WiFi
Also, free campfire wood!
Hosts Ben & Jeanne invite you to their beautifully designed log cabin in the Smokies. Set on 25 private acres, the cabin offers solitude and an unsurpassed view over Chilhowee Lake (the southern border of the national park), the western peaks of the national park, and the entrance to the #1 bike & sports-car destination in the US - the "Tail of the Dragon."
HIGHLIGHTS (details below)
* Sleeps 8
* Mountain & lake views
* Hot tub w/amazing view (short walk)
* Very near “Tail of the Dragon”
* 1hr to Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge
* 35 min to Townsend & Maryville
* Outdoor fire pit, free wood
* Private, no other cabins nearby
* Small but fully equipped kitchen
* 1BR + loft
* 2 full baths
* Kid friendly, all ages welcome
* Pet friendly ($20 per pet)
We have what we believe to be the best hot tub view in the Smokies. Our 7-person spa (holds five comfortably) overlooks the mountains and lake with a 180 degree panoramic view. When you see the pics you'll understand why we chose the beautiful location. The hot tub is NOT at the cabin but is located adjacent to our house. When the cover is raised it offers privacy as the cover blocks our view of the hot tub. We use the hot tub also, but we always defer to guests during your visit. It is open to our guests 24/7.
Need a breather from the hectic pace of life? Spend some down-time out roasting S'Mores under the stars. There's almost no light pollution here. In fact, on a clear night, you can easily see the Milky Way with the naked eye. Or, spend a little time challenging each other to a a card game or an old-fashioned evening of board games. Don't miss the chance to sip hot chocolate or coffee on the deck as you watch the sun slowly rise over the peaks of the Smoky Mountain National Park.
If you want the hustle of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge or get worried if you're not around the corner from a Walmart, this isn't the place for you. But, if you long for peace, quiet, nature, and the outdoors, you're in the right place!
You will have exclusive use of the entire guest cabin as we only rent to one person/group at a time. The cabin sleeps up to 8 people. The master bedroom sleeps 2 in a queen bed. The loft offers 4 twin beds. A double futon in the main room offers sleeping for 2 more. A portable crib is available upon request.
The cabin features 2 full baths, a small but very well furnished kitchen (full size appliances, all cookware, dishes, etc), a vaulted central room that opens to a sleeping loft, and a private queen bedroom in the back. Enjoy the unparalleled view from an 8' x 32' covered deck with a log swing, a log rockers and picnic table.
The cabin & home are located 1 mile up a maintained gravel road behind a locked gate so you are assured privacy and security. Any car can drive the road (4WD is NOT needed), but motorcyclists should trailer bikes up the mountain. In the unlikely event of winter weather, we will plow the road with our tractor or pick you up in our AWD vehicle. Snow rarely stays on the road for more than a day.
We happily welcome well-behaved pets. The pet fee of $20 per pet may be paid in cash during your stay or we can bill you through VRBO.
We ask that you include children over age 3 in your reservation guest count as we prepare beds, linens, and schedule cleaning time based upon the total number of guests including children. There is no charge for children age 2 and under. A portable crib is provided at no charge.
Nightly rate (shown on our calendar)
$60 cleaning fee
$6 ex person fee for over 2 guests (no charge for children under age 2)
$20 pet fee per pet - paid in cash when you arrive or can be billed on VRBO Resolution Center
14.75% sales & lodging tax
VRBO booking fee (varies, we don’t receive or control this amount)
Select the dates you wish to travel and the number of guests to see the complete total for your stay.
CHECK IN & CHECK OUT
Check-in is 4 pm (later is fine)
Check-out is 10 am
NO EARLY CHECK-IN / LATE CHECK-OUT
We are almost always booked back-to-back and need time to clean between guests.
ARE WE ALREADY BOOKED FOR YOUR VACATION DATES?
Not to worry--we have more cabins :)
We own two other cabins:
“Happy Bear Hideaway,” is a beautifully renovated 100 year old cabin located about 10 miles away. It is nestled in Happy Valley, near the Abrams Creek Campground entrance to the National Park.
“On Gold Pond” is located about 15 miles away on top of Chilhowee Mtn. It is tucked away on a lovely pond.
We co-host several cabins in Townsend:
“2BR/2Ba with Beautiful View” sits at the base of Rich Mountain. It is conveniently located in the valley area on a paved road. It’s ideal for guests who prefer to avoid steep drives or I paved roads. Michael & Sherri, owners.
Amenities include Direct TV, high-speed wi-fi, plenty of parking plenty of cars and room for those towing trailers, linens, several kayaks with paddle gear (please prepare to transport the kayaks if you plan to use them), outdoor games, a frisbee golf goal & discs, and an outdoor firepit complete with marshmallow roasting sticks and free firewood.
We stock the cabin with essentials such as seasonings, oil, sugar, coffee, powdered coffee creamer.
There are no grocery stores or restaurants nearby. Plan to pick up groceries before you arrive.
Grocery stores and restaurants are located in Maryville (35 min, 2 Superwalmarts, huge Kroger Marketplace, numerous other large grocery stores, numerous restaurants), Townsend (35 min, one IGA grocery market, a Dollar General, and 8-10 restaurants in season, 3-4 restaurants in winter), Vonore (20 min, Sloan's gas, fishing bait, few restaurants, and Madisonville (40 min, Superwalmart, few other grocery markets, a number of restaurants).
You are the ONLY guests in the cabin. There are no other cabins or homes nearby except ours which is about 300 feet up the hill from the guest cabin. We are blessed to have a view of nothing but nature--in every direction :) None of that log-cabin-on-top-of-the-next-cabin like the big rental complexes.
Check in anytime after 4 pm.
Check out is 10 am.
NO EARLY CHECK IN OR LATE CHECK OUT.
Other things to note
Check in anytime after 4 pm
Check out 10 am
***No early check in or late check out
We are booked nearly every night. It’s simply not possible to reduce the 6 hour window we have between guests due to the extensive sanitizing necessary.
2 night minimum
3 or 4 night minimum stay on holidays (Memorial Day, Labor Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas)
We open 1-night stays only if there is a single night available between longer reservations.
We value family time for our own family and for our staff & their families. Therefore, we typically block check in & check out on holidays such as Christmas, Thanksgiving, and other special times so we don’t have to spend those days cleaning. We’re happy to have you arrive before the holiday or stay after the holiday.
Some of these policies outline how we enforce the Airbnb Guest Standards. Policies may be mediated or enforced by VRBO or law enforcement. When reasonably possible, we will seek to address policy concerns with you directly before asking VRBO or law enforcement to intervene. By making a reservation with us, you agree to the terms in our listing.
MAJOR CLEANLINESS CONCERNS
• Typically, preparing the cabin for the next guest requires 3-4 hrs. Guests who leave the cabin in particularly unacceptable condition may be charged an additional cleaning fee of $50/hr plus cleaner’s mileage in addition to the cost of any rental or purchase of cleaning equipment & supplies required to remedy the issues.
• Strong odors will incur the additional cleaning fees noted above
• Guests are responsible for replacement/cleaning costs of damaged items. Items that require replacement will be charged at the cost of a NEW same/similar item. Even if VRBO depreciates the item due to its age, you agree to pay for a NEW item. We agree to fairly represent replacement costs and to attempt to replace an item at a reasonable price as much as possible.
• Should guests leave such a mess or damage that we are unable to accommodate our next booking, additional fees (beyond cleaning fee noted above) include reimbursement for any cancellation or rebooking fees we might incur due to being unable to accommodate the next guest(s), the cost to place the next guest(s) in another location, reimbursement for other costs we might incur for the closure, plus up to $200/day per 24 hrs of closure. Any insurance payment/reimbursement we receive related to the mess/damage will not reduce the amount owed.
• Anyone not counted/included on a reservation is an Unauthorized Guest. Make sure to include children in the reservation.
• Guests who make a reservation must provide VRBO a government ID and be one of the guests staying (no third-party bookings). We may request to see your ID.
• You are welcome to request changes to the number of guests if needed. Fees will be adjusted up or down at our standard extra person rates as long as you let us know before your stay.
• If you bring more people than our stated maximum occupancy, each extra person is $100 per person, per night, for the entire length of the booking, regardless of how long the person remains on our property. These guests remain Unauthorized Guests and we can ask VRBO to charge you for these guests even if you don’t agree to the charges.
If you bring Unauthorized Guests, everyone may be asked to vacate the property immediately, or at any time during a reservation, with no refunds for any remaining nights.
(Should you wish to have day guests, please discuss that with us.)
• Park vehicles at the cabin deck
• Do not park any vehicles below the fire pit
• Do not block the road or the entrance to the adjacent land owner’s property (below the fire pit)
• No smoking or vaping indoors
• If you smoke or vape outdoors, close nearby doors and windows to avoid smoke smells inside the cabin.
• Extinguish and dispose of butts properly
• No marijuana usage (illegal in TN)
• Many guests are sensitive to smoke. Take care to avoid bringing in smoky smells on clothing or personal items
• Smoky or inhaled substance smells will incur a minimum $250 fee, in addition to cleaning or closure fees
• Check out is 10 am SHARP
• Late fees are $100 per 30 minutes past 10 am
• Our cleaners live as much as an hour away. We cannot call last minute to tell them a guest is running late. They have already left home, arranged for childcare and are awaiting your prompt departure. We have 6 hours to clean multiple cabins scattered over 30 miles. A guest who checks out late is a huge problem for us. We compensate our cleaners when they are sitting waiting on your departure.
• Check in is anytime AFTER 4 pm
• NO early check in. Guests who arrive prior to 4 pm will be asked to wait until we are finished cleaning.
• Self service check in, so it’s no problem to arrive late at night
• We are pet-friendly
• Pet fee is $20 (one time fee)
• No specific limits on size or breeds, but pet owners are responsible for the actions of their pets and for any damage that their pet may cause
• Pets may not be enclosed in a bedroom or behind a door
• Crate pets if you are away
• Remember that the Great Smoky Mountain National Park does not permit pets on trails
• We are happy to have children of any age :)
• Note that we have an open spiral staircase and there are natural outdoor hazards on our property.
• Do not permit parties of any type
• Guests will be asked to vacate immediately
• No refund for remaining stay
• Cleaning/closure fees apply
• Legal/police intervention may occur
• No smoking/vaping anywhere on property for guests under age 18
• No underage drinking (under 21)
• Be respectful and avoid excess alcohol
• No use of any substance prohibited by law in TN (marijuana is illegal here)
* No use on our property, on adjacent/nearby public or private properties, or on shared areas such as the road leading to our property. Guests will be asked to leave immediately with no refund, even if we have not personally observed usage. Reports of usage by neighbors, security team members, or law enforcement will incur the same action and penalties as if we had personally observed usage.